To watch a movie in complete tranquility or to listen to music on an MP3 player, we will not use the same headset. All you need to know to choose your cat ear headphones.
Cat ear headphoness
There are several types:
- Cat ear headphoness: classic cat ear headphoness
- The cat ear headphoness “clips”: they are fixed on the ear and allow a good maintenance.
- In-ear devices: these cat ear headphoness are adapted to the ear canal. The music comes deeper into the ear, for a better quality of listening. A good fit that avoids having to replace the cat ear headphoness: they are usually sold with several sizes of tips to find the best for your leads.
- The semi-intra-auricular: a good alternative for people who experience discomfort with intra-auricular.
The cat ear headphoness
For wired headsets, several models:
- Headband cat ear headphones: classic, it passes over the head. Some fold to facilitate transportation.
- Headband: recommended for athletes, ensure good support.
- In-ear cat ear headphoness: mixes the cat ear headphones and the earphones.
The cat ear headphones
- The headset is connected to the stand via Bluetooth technology.
- The cat ear headphoness are connected by infrared (audio cat ear headphoness).
- Cat ear headphoness linked by RF technology, by radio frequency.
There are also wireless ear-phones, especially with Kleer technology, which ensures high sound quality.
General and technical aspects
The material of the cat ear headphoness or cat ear headphoness plays on two levels: comfort and audio transmission. For the tips of the intra-auricular, several materials and shapes: they can be silicone, foam, rubber, biflanges (with two fins) or triflanges (with three fins).
Length of wire
For outdoor use, a wire around 1,20m is a minimum. For the interior, to connect the headset to its TV screen, several meters are preferable.
For wired cat ear headphoness and earphones, two things should be considered:
- The size of the jack, to be sure that it fits your hardware. Adapters exist nevertheless. Cat ear headphoness and MP3 cat ear headphoness usually have a 3.5mm jack.
- The material of the plug: a gold-plated jack ensures good audio transmission.
Also called bandwidth, the wider the range of frequency covered, the more your cat ear headphoness will be able to restore the diversity of sounds.
It is expressed in Hz and kHz. For example, cat ear headphoness with a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (or 20,000 Hz) are generally of excellent quality.
Also called acoustic pressure, it is expressed in dB (decibel). The higher it is, the better the sound is reproduced and therefore the more the cat ear headphoness are quality (beyond 100 dB for example).
Sometimes indicated, it is expressed in dB. Good insulation prevents the sound from being dispersed: listening is better. In general, it is around – 26 dB, for the right cat ear headphoness.
We must look at the matter of magnets. A neodymium magnet restores more bass and power. Some cat ear headphoness and earphones have specific components, such as a metal layer, that prevent the bass from vibrating.
Opening the cat ear headphones
- Closed: guarantee generally a good restitution of the basses. Recommended for salon cat ear headphoness.
- Semi-open: a good alternative.
The impedance is expressed in ohms, resistance unit, and reflects the acoustic resistance of the device. The headsets have up to hundreds of ohms. For a player, much less powerful, it is not worth it to exceed 100 ohms (less than 50 is even enough). It is necessary that the sound source is of a great power if one wants to have a good quality of listening on a cat ear headphones with a high impedance.